Boise State Music alum appointed Music Director of the Salisbury Symphony Orchestra

Daniel Wiley

Boise State Music alum Daniel Wiley has recently been appointed Music Director of the Salisbury Symphony Orchestra in Salisbury, NC. Wiley’s new role follows a thorough search process and marks a significant step in his career. Founded in 1985, the Salisbury Symphony Orchestra is renowned for delivering high-quality performances and engaging community programming. Wiley will begin his tenure with the organization in September 2024.

Since graduating from Boise State in 2013 with a B.A. in Music Education, Wiley has held numerous conducting posts, including Assistant Conductor of the Jacksonville Symphony, Associate Conductor of the Windsor Symphony Orchestra, Music Director of the Windsor Symphony Youth Orchestras, Education Conductor/Consultant for London Symphonia, Conductor for the Windsor Abridged Opera Company, Music Director of Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science Youth Orchestra and Assistant Conductor for the Meridian Symphony Orchestra. He was also recently appointed Assistant Conductor for the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Cincinnati Pops Orchestra, and May Festival, starting in September 2022.

As a former public school music teacher, Wiley has a unique passion for music education and credits his time at Boise State for providing him with the tools needed to take his music career to the next level.

When initially appointed as assistant conductor for the CSO, Wiley stated, “While I am thrilled to be joining a world-class orchestra as part of their artistic staff, I know I could not have gotten here without the countless mentors and people who believed in me. This was especially true when I first began conducting seriously at Boise State during my undergraduate years. I was fortunate enough to be surrounded by talented and knowledgeable faculty members who challenged me and set me up for success.”

For more information on the Salisbury Symphony, please visit their website here.