Department of Theatre, Film and Creative Writing welcomes Richard St. Ofle

Richard St. Ofle, a screenplay writer and showrunner, will join the faculty of the Department of Theatre, Film and Creative Writing this fall as a professor of dramatic writing. “My favorite thing in the world is connecting with students,” St. Ofle said. “My screenwriting students always have such a fresh perspective and aren’t afraid to make bold decisions with their writing. It’s inspiring, and honestly keeps me on my toes with my own writing.”

St. Ofle holds an MFA from the University of Southern California in writing for film and television. In addition to teaching in the Film Program at Sacramento City College, St. Ofle’s experience in the film industry includes serving as a showrunner, assistant director and executive producer on numerous projects. The innovative Narrative Television Initiative, an interdisciplinary experiential project, drew St. Ofle to the Film Program at Boise State. “As soon as I got here, I was impressed by the culture of camaraderie and kindness at BSU,” St. Ofle said.  “I have a burning passion for film, and it seemed like my enthusiasm was matched by the faculty and students here, so it was a really natural fit.”