Recent graduates share their impressive Online MBA success stories

Students enrolling in Boise State University’s Online Master of Business Administration come in as established leaders with at least two years of managerial experience.

Once they are MBA graduates, they are in a position to advance their careers after strengthening their business foundations to become more effective, ethical leaders and managers.

With added confidence, knowledge and language to share insights, make decisions and find solutions within their organizations, alums have the ingredients to formulate their own Online MBA success stories.

Here are a few of our graduates who have seen their careers bolstered and experienced many positive impacts on their lives by earning a master’s degree in business administration:

Shawn Norman

Less than one month after graduating in December 2022, Norman landed a promotion to senior vice president of operations and finance at Iowa State University. The desire to advance into a vice president role was one of the primary reasons he enrolled at Boise State. He was in the running for similar jobs before earning an MBA. He said: “Having an MBA was a preference for jobs that I applied for. I would get into the final round, with three or four people selected, but I didn’t get the jobs. It could have been because I didn’t have an MBA.”
Read Shawn’s MBA Success Story

Julie Haddock

Another December 2022 graduate, Haddock brought a decade of banking experience into the program. The vice president and deposit services manager at Citizens Bank in Corvallis, Oregon, gained valuable insights and extended her business acumen, making an immediate positive difference in her career. She wrote a proposal and outlined a job description for a project manager, along with a plan for the handling of projects moving forward. Her bank’s executive team approved the proposal. She now oversees a full-time project manager who manages all bank-wide projects in partnership with the product manager and the project sponsor. She said: “I am very thankful to everyone — my peers, my professors and my advisors. The Online MBA has been a great experience. I am a better person, a better banker and a better business person because of it.”
Read Julie’s MBA Success Story

Vincent Young

As a United States Marine Corps veteran, Young took full advantage of the G.I. Bill to earn a master’s degree in business. A May 2022 graduate, he opted to continue his education by enrolling in a master of business analytics degree program at Georgetown University. He is on track to graduate in December. Young, a senior consulting analyst for Accenture and an Armed Services YMCA San Diego board member, said: “I plan to continue consulting, using knowledge from the MBA and Master of Science in Business Analytics to connect human resource analytics and business insight to help business leaders create meaningful human resource transformations for their firms.”
Read Vincent’s MBA Success Story

Ebony Bains

A wife, mother and chief of staff at Lattice Semiconductor in San Jose, California, brought 15 years of experience in project management to the Online MBA table. The May 2022 graduate has seen a difference in her leadership ability and style based on what she learned at Boise State. She said: “Having my MBA has already paid off as I have excelled in my chief of staff position. Within this role, I can tie my professional experience and knowledge gained from the MBA to help with problem-solving and make better strategic planning and investment decisions.”
Read Ebony’s MBA Success Story

Wendy Berkson

Berkson graduated with an online Bachelor of Applied Science from Boise State before becoming an MBA success story. Two months prior to completing the master’s degree in May 2023, she landed a position as IT product manager for PetIQ in Eagle, Idaho. In addition to the ROI she enjoyed growing as a person as an Online MBA student. “I often seek opportunities to learn and feed my intellectual curiosity; this program provided that for me. The courses equipped me with new content and information that set me up for success in a variety of career paths. The new MBA emphases provide even more opportunities for incoming students.”
Read Wendy’s MBA Success Story

Apply Now and Become an MBA Success Story

Are you ready to create your own success story as an Online MBA graduate? Attend an online information session or connect with a student success coach to learn more about Boise State’s Online MBA.

Contact a Student Success Coach
Attend a Live, Virtual Information Session