Academic Showcase: Ian Perfit gearing up for

Ian Perfit plays on Boise State’s varsity Valorant team, but is even more of a competitor in his academic life. Ian is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Health Studies, a Bachelor of Science in Public Health and a Minor in Health Data Management, all at the same time! This ambitious academic workload is borne out of an intense desire by Perfit to serve his community.

“I decided to go down this route because I knew I always wanted to help people growing up and I knew that having these degrees would allow me to do just that,” said Perfit.

Photo of Ian Perfit sitting at a desk competeing at the CECC esports tournament.
Ian Perfit competes with the rest of the varsity team at CECC. Photo credit: Cora Kenney/CSMG

Health and wellness often extend outside of the traditional hospital. Boise State’s School of Public and Population Health, where Perfit studies, has students study a variety of societal issues that affect public health. Some of the topics students might learn include community health advocacy, environmental effects on health, occupational safety and hazards, and many more health related topics. Perfit wants to use the knowledge he picks up in his classes to eventually get a job in the logistical side of healthcare.

“Once I graduate I hope to get a job in some type of health care facility behind the scenes,” said Perfit. “This could be from billing, updating EHR’s (electronic health records), or just helping the facility function at the best level it can.”

Perfit is currently a senior set to graduate this next Spring. This means this year’s esports season will be his last. Be sure to catch Ian “Rereanaa” Perfit in Boise State’s Valorant games this season on Twitch and Youtube!

Written by Jacob Palmer