Academic Showcase: Jenny Cummins makes strides in Digital Innovation and Design

Jenny “Daydream” Cummins plays on Boise State’s varsity Overwatch 2 team. Cummins ultimately has the goal of going to medical school and becoming a doctor. To that end, she is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Digital Innovation + Design at Boise State to help her prepare for her MCAT (Medical College Admission Test).

“I chose this major because of the flexibility with the things I can learn, due to this major being built on certifications. I am able to take different classes to fulfill different needs,” said Cummins in an interview. “Once I graduate I want to use the leadership, communication, and technological skills I have gained from my degree to get into med school to start my journey on becoming a doctor!”

Picture of Dr. Amanda Ryan (left), Rae Barnes (middle), and Jenny Cummins (right) representing Boise State Esports at the Scholars Awards.
Dr. Amanda Ryan (left), Rae Barnes (middle), and Jenny Cummins (right) representing Boise State Esports at the Scholars Awards. Photo credit: Doc Haskell
Digital Innovation and Design

The Bachelor of Arts in Digital Innovation + Design is one of the most flexible degrees Boise State offers. Students getting this degree take all their classes online. Additionally, in order to graduate, students must earn a variety of certificates as part of their credit requirements. These certificates have a variety of topics, such as Data Analysis, IT Support, Cyber Operations, Esports, and more.

“One of the [most memorable] projects that comes to mind is a class that had us look at different monuments… Then for our final project [we had to] create a monument or statue that would go in Boise to commemorate something,” said Cummins. “For mine, I wanted to… teach more people about Arco, a small town in Idaho that was the first in the world to be lit by nuclear power!

Cummins is currently a junior student with an expected graduation of Spring 2026. You can also find more information about Boise State’s Digital Innovation and Design program here.

Written by Jacob Palmer